Are you eligible for shared ownership?
Everyone must meet the following headline eligibility criteria. Additional criteria may be specified by local planning authorities for specific developments.
You are eligible if
you have a gross household income of no more than £66,000 per annum when eligible to purchase a one and two bedroom property or no more than £80,000 when eligible to purchase a family sized home (three bedrooms or more).
You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase.
Priority groups will go to the following groups:
- Housing association and council tenants and serving MOD personnel. Local priorities for London Borough of Tower Hamlets:
- Public Sector Tenants being those living in accommodation owned by the Council or a registered social landlord and wholly releasing accommodation to which the council has nomination rights.
- Leaseholders in blocks being decanted in anticipation of demolition who have a right to be re-housed by the council
- People registered on the council's common housing register or waiting list.
- Key workers as defined by the council and who are employed in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
- Other council residents who may not release council accommodation when they move.
- Others living in rented accommodation or living with family and friend who are not on the council's common housing register.
- People with strong connections by family ties within the Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Older Persons shared ownership
- You must be over 55 years or over.
- Meet the general eligibility criteria set out for First Steps shared ownership products.